Adding Insulation, apron approaches to o'head doors and contraction joints to concrete slab on grade slab edges

contractcad

I was attempting to get creative to some of my section views whereby using the pony wall option I was creating pony wall assemblies whereby I would create on the foundation level the lower pony wall as my full block width (with top of wall say 8" below floor level) then have what would be the top of foundation having a narrower course of block with either say 2" rigid foam  or 1/2" joint material as being internal portions of the wall.

I found that the automatically generated floor slab will always stop at the interior of the lower pony wall as well as cause either my insulation layer or contraction joint layer only come to the bottom of the floor slab as well.

I'm still going to play around with it some more by deleting the slab and use the slab tools to create my own floor slab but it would nice if the program could be made what I'm trying to automatically.  I am trying to have the the foundation room below generate the slab, I could also see what result I can get by having the main level generate the floor to see if I can get a better result.

I do see I get the edge effect I want if I create an "open below" room on the foundation level.  I can just manually create my own slab floor and should be good.  I just think that when doing a slab on grade setup the slab should be bounded by the wall assembly created at the slab level and not by the pony wall that I've created below it.

That's a good point you make about the slab boundary.

You should write up a suggestion and post it in that subforum.

Slabs bearing into notched walls with insulation board edges is a real thing out there.  You can find writeups, videos, and see CAD details at lots of sites.

Chief can certainly program for this build option, but you need to be specific and give them examples.