Layout graphics do NOT appear but show in Thumbnail view


BlueLines
 Share

Go to solution Solved by rgardner,

Recommended Posts

In X13, the drawings are complete and I wanted to copy the Layout for a new Layout Template.  You can see the whole sheet with plans, drawings, notes and titleblock in the THUMBNAIL view but when I try to show / open the Layout page itself, nothing appears.  This is true for all 3 "master template" Layouts that I created.  They Layout file and Plan file is too large to attach.  I'm sure I'm missing a simple step but please help!  See attachment screenshot.

 

 

template will not open.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution
24 minutes ago, BlueLines said:

In X13, the drawings are complete and I wanted to copy the Layout for a new Layout Template.  You can see the whole sheet with plans, drawings, notes and titleblock in the THUMBNAIL view but when I try to show / open the Layout page itself, nothing appears.  This is true for all 3 "master template" Layouts that I created.  They Layout file and Plan file is too large to attach.  I'm sure I'm missing a simple step but please help!  See attachment screenshot.

 

 

template will not open.jpg

F6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you used the Fill Window Icon on the RH side  ( or F6 see above )

and if that doesn't work perhaps the Print > Center Sheet tool

 

Mick.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Have you used the Fill Window Icon on the RH side  ( or F6 see above )

and if that doesn't work perhaps the Print > Center Sheet tool

 

Mick.

Thanks Mick1  That did the trick!  I'm new to CAX13 and appreciate your help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, BlueLines said:

Thanks Mick1  That did the trick!  I'm new to CAX13 and appreciate your help!

 

You will need that Icon Often, especially in Elevation Views as CA seems to "forget" where you last saved the View.....

 

M.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    32073
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    smashing
    Newest Member
    smashing
    Joined
  • Similar Content

    • By ChiefuserMathews
      is it possible to display the door size beside the door panel in the plan with a macro?
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, I have attached my plan and the site picture from the backyard. Why is the brick veneer overlapping my basement window. What am I doing wrong? Site existing condition picture attached backyard
      221008.plan


    • By SelahF
      My chosen floor keeps appearing black (it is medium walnut floor from the Chief Architect library). I tried to see if it was all of them, but it seems to just be this single flooring type. I haven't touched any of the display settings for it, so I'm at a loss. Any help? (I'm very new with Chief Architect so this might be any easy fix)

    • By DGail1
      At one time, the hinge/swing direction of cabinet doors was displayed in elevation views, but it isn't happening any more.  Is there a setting that I need to change?  
    • By Ange822
      I am using Chief Architect Premier x9
       
      I have exported my chief file to a 3D viewer file so a client can look at it.
      When I went to open the file though, most materials are not there for example the siding is just shown as one solid colour vs a horizontal pattern.
       
      thanks in advance.
       
      Angela