Cabinetry within Arched Alcove

sea_lyons

Currently designing a pool cabana that has a small bar and island. Some of the cabinetry for the bar is going to be contained within an arched alcove. I've created an arched wall niche and increased the depth of this wall to recreate the alcove.

A few things:

1) Tricky maneuvering my cabinets within the wall niche from the floorplan view. 

2) Cabinets are showing up on my wall elevation but floating shelves are not. 

3) Can't seem to add backsplash through either the cabinet dialog box nor custom backsplash. 

Given the above, is the arched wall niche the best way to go about doing this?

(I also tried creating an arched doorway with a wall butting up against the outside of the cabana but still had all of the above issues minus the backsplash). 

Maybe I'm overthinking this and there's a much easier way (fingers crossed lol).

image.thumb.png.1d703cbb2717054b7313bf018d844577.png

image.thumb.png.4d784ca3ca22bd10c0f05e5f4b5a996b.png

20220524_222913.jpg

Shelves are perhaps just not on a layer that is turned on in elevation view.

Backsplash can be done with a p-solid if nothing else works or change the material for the entire Niche Backing.

image.thumb.png.9c30f612d8221276efa429e16b8dee8a.png

• Like 1

Ahh yes! Thank you Eric. All of that worked great except for the shelves... I used the Shelf option under Cabinets for my open shelving and I believe they are turned on for my active layer? I noticed my faucet isn't showing up, either but that layer is also set to Display.

image.thumb.png.589ac7ff668043c0397e08ede7938a1c.png