Sill under door problem

GeneDavis

I've a walkout basement and doors in the walkout walls.  One door is a double hinged door, the other a sliding glass door.  Both are raised 1/16" off rough floor as a workaround to make the foundation plan show continuous stemwall across the openings.

See in the pic, the hinged one has the (unwanted) casing showing under the door, the other does not.  Both door specs identical.  Exterior casing is checked, sill/threshold checked.  Why is the slider door showing nothing under, but the hinged one does?

Screenshot 2022-05-24 120709.jpg

53 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I've a walkout basement and doors in the walkout walls.  One door is a double hinged door, the other a sliding glass door.  Both are raised 1/16" off rough floor as a workaround to make the foundation plan show continuous stemwall across the openings.

See in the pic, the hinged one has the (unwanted) casing showing under the door, the other does not.  Both door specs identical.  Exterior casing is checked, sill/threshold checked.  Why is the slider door showing nothing under, but the hinged one does?

Screenshot 2022-05-24 120709.jpg

Plan file needed

Looks like you might be running into this issue.

Without going into too many details:

• Trim for doors and windows have the same behavior, ignoring reveal/overlap and control of the sill profile.
  • If a window or door is "on the floor" then the bottom casing/sill is removed and a superficial threshold is generated instead.
  • A window or door is "on the floor" if the bottom is within the finished floor layers.

Sadly, I don't know of a good work around to remove the sill or bottom casing if the door is not on the floor.

Yes, the difference between those two doors is that the double hinged door is in an unfinished storage room wall, so the 1/16" raise puts its bottom "in the air" and above the subfloor, the slab being the subfloor.  I'm gonna put a 3/32 finish on the floor in that room, call it gray paint, and see what happens.  That'll put the door's bottom "within the finish."

Edit:  and that fixed it.  But I have other plans with doors on subfloor, not elevated, and no sill or casing under.  However, they have a finish layer atop the "subfloor."