Plot Plan Angles Display Issue

ionkin_DESIGN

I accidently deleted the thread when replying. Thanks to everyone contributed to come up with workaround.

Issue: When Azimuth coordinate system selected for the polyline, the angles do not show correct.

image.thumb.png.702da55b9842367710c34259670f1707.png

Solution contributors Alaskan_Son, GlenW, Chopsaw

Solution:

1. Make a copy of the terrain polyline.
  2. Move terrain polyline copy to the side.
  3. Assign to unique layer.
  4. Disconnect copied polyline.
  5. Reverse polyline direction for each required polyline.
  6. Do not close polylines 
  7. Block polylines that now show correct Azimuth angles/length.
  8. When ready for annotation, overlay blocked polylines over terrain perimeter.

image.thumb.png.74be0277a69713db2b84c94101c9c4fc.png

It looks like you are making progress but still have a few adjustments to make as well as the front line is an arc where you have drawn the chord.  I sometimes put the chord in as well but make it a dashed line style.

Thanks! Yes, you are right, there is still adjustments to be made for top and bottom. Today I had a breather and wanted to see if there is a better way to display correct Azimuth coordinates.

Previously I just masked them and moved on (as suggested before), but it was always on my mind.

3 minutes ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

Previously I just masked them and moved on (as suggested before), but it was always on my mind.

Yes you really should not need to do that.   Actually surprised to see Azimuth Bearings used in Canada.  That is a first.

Left side needs some help as well.  Let us know how you do and you likely should display all three decimal places with the metric dimensions.

I've corrected all property lines to match.

1. Something happened and for some reason I can't convert polyline to terrain. Terrain feature is grayed out.

2. Been having A time to set terrain elevation to 60.58m as a base, so i can set proper grade as per " Specific walkout lot detail) in the plan reference. I've watched all the videos I could find on this and tried to get it to work with no success. I am trying to set terrain elevations and building TOJ elevation to "Specific walkout lot detail". If I have a baseline set properly then i can input metric elevations for heights. I still want to have main floor TOJ as 0 for building story pole elevations.

3. How can I have elevation points show on plot plan as points on elevation line? 

Any suggestions would be great to what I am doing wrong with the terrain sea level elevations. 

** Here in Alberta it's GeodeticPlot Plan T5.plan. The civil plot plan from the developer is done in what appears to be Azimuth system.

Geodetic control unit | Alberta.ca

Plot Plan T5.plan

Plot Plan T5.plan

2 hours ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

1. Something happened and for some reason I can't convert polyline to terrain. Terrain feature is grayed out.

Yes I think I alluded to that in the previous thread.  As soon as you disconnect a line to get the correct label to display then you no longer have a closed polyline to calculate area from or convert to a terrain perimeter.  However I rarely use the plot lines for terrain perimeter and make that a good bit larger than the actual plot.

2 hours ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

2. Been having A time to set terrain elevation to 60.58m as a base, so i can set proper grade as per " Specific walkout lot detail) in the plan reference. I've watched all the videos I could find on this and tried to get it to work with no success. I am trying to set terrain elevations and building TOJ elevation to "Specific walkout lot detail". If I have a baseline set properly then i can input metric elevations for heights. I still want to have main floor TOJ as 0 for building story pole elevations.

Not sure you can have both in the same plan file.

"3. How can I have elevation points show on plot plan as points on elevation line?"

Points and lines are quite different things. You can label lines or points but they do not normally fall in the same locations as points are very specific locations and precise elevations and lines are usually computer generated from imputed points and just a general representation of elevation.  More information needed.

5 hours ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

This is probably because you already have a terrain created.

You can only have one terrain in a plan.