CMU / Brick Veneer Pier

RGShurlingPA

I am curious if anyone knows what could be causing the issue I am having on the enclosed JPGs.  I am working on two house plans with CMU pies under the decks with Brick Veneer.  Same exact wall definition, same exact deck specs above.  For some reason on one when I align the wall to the ring joists the footer jumps up the height of the deck, and does not show the veneer.  Works fin on other, and I cannot find one difference between them.

Thanks,

RG

Bad CMU Brick Pier.jpg

Good CMU Brick Pier.jpg

1 hour ago, RGShurlingPA said:

I am curious if anyone knows what could be causing the issue I am having on the enclosed JPGs.  I am working on two house plans with CMU pies under the decks with Brick Veneer.  Same exact wall definition, same exact deck specs above.  For some reason on one when I align the wall to the ring joists the footer jumps up the height of the deck, and does not show the veneer.  Works fin on other, and I cannot find one difference between them.

Thanks,

RG

Bad CMU Brick Pier.jpg

Good CMU Brick Pier.jpg

Hard to say for sure without the plan but my guess is that you set the piers at the level of the porch and they are set to be at 0 of floor instead of absolute or based on terrain.  Since you set them on that floor when you move the room to include them completely it moves them out of the exterior room and into the porch room and changes the height to match.

• 2 weeks later...