Problem with blank startup

ChiefPhoenix2022

Hi everyone. Upgraded to a new PC today that has great specifications and chief was starting up smooth until suddenly stopped starting up. Weird thing is this is only when I start up Chief while clicking the Chief Architect desktop shortcut, pinbar or when searching Chief through Windows. I can perfectly open up a specific file if I open it directly from the file folder.

Below I have attached what is appearing on my end. I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing. I tried deleting the shortcut and creating a new one. Again, I can go to a specific file and open it perfectly and everything runs smooth, just when I open it through shortcuts and expecting the regular Welcome screen the program stops running and keeps it in loading. Any suggestions please??

image.thumb.png.455d18cb1dfb2bf043fb52d77fb35841.png

image.png.f5b8cf8004c33f7d9de2ffd076f98fcb.png

image.png

UPDATE UPDATE! I have two monitors. Chief Architect was starting up on my right display and that's where it was freezing / stuck in loading. I turned off the right monitor and left only the left one running and opened it and IT WORKED! Does ANYONE know what may be causing my right screen to do this? One thing I know for sure is that both run at 144hz. 

You might want to post your Multiple Display setting in Windows if I can assume so ?

It may also be helpful for you to post which update of X13 you loaded and what version of windows you are running.

I have mine set to "Extend these displays" and never seem to have that sort of issue if that helps.

• 2 years later...
On 4/9/2022 at 11:25 PM, ChiefPhoenix2022 said:

UPDATE UPDATE! I have two monitors. Chief Architect was starting up on my right display and that's where it was freezing / stuck in loading. I turned off the right monitor and left only the left one running and opened it and IT WORKED! Does ANYONE know what may be causing my right screen to do this? One thing I know for sure is that both run at 144hz. 

This helped me, thank you.

make sure you turn on the monitors first then start your computer. I have a similar setup. it always starts on the left one first then switches to the right. Mine are also set to the same resolution and 4k