Sun Study

myrtsbnye

I have used the sun angle feature a few times especially when a client wants a sunroom. Is there and option to create a short video that would show the shadows casted throughout a day? I've used accurender with autocad years ago and was able to set a time span and a short video would be created showing the path of the sun throughout that time period. Does Chief Architect have that? I couldn't find anything online.

Thanks for any help,

There are various options, but the easiest that comes to mind is to simply use the Sun Angle Specification dialog while you have a screen recording running.  In fact, you could tile both a Plan View along with its Sun Shadow and a Camera View.  Just set the Sun Shadow to always update.  With the Time field activated (but not with the dropdown list showing), you can simply toggle the time of day with the arrows on your keyboard and watch all the shadows changing in real time.  To show the time/day, you can either:

• Make that specification dialog part of your recording so that the time/day is visible there
  • You could edit the screen recording to add the time/day later
  • You could show the Sun Angle onscreen with large enough text so that the time/day on that is visible