How do you cut roof planes that intersect

RGShurlingPA

Hi All,

I am new to Chief Architect, and have been using Softplan for many years.  The issue I cannot seem to locate information on is how to cut a hole in a roof plane based on the intersection of another roof plan.  I have a complex roof I am working on with multiple manual planes.  I used the intersection technique explained in the tutorial to locate the intersection points, and have aligned my roofs accordingly, but cannot figure out how to remove the plane / framing that is under the intersecting plane.  I then get very strange cuts into my interior walls below.

In Softplan you could just select a "Hole" feature, select the top plane, and then the bottom and a hole would automatically be cut in the lower plane.  I cannot find any information on how to achieve that in Chief.  

Thanks for any recommendations!

Roof Issue.jpg

Intersecting Planes.jpg

Not sure if it will do that automatically but it can be done manually by breaking the lower roof planes and bringing them up to meet the central roof plane.  Once you are close you can use the join tool.  Then you will end up with 4 valleys if that is what you are after.

1 minute ago, RGShurlingPA said:

Thanks Chopsaw.  That worked perfect.

You are quite welcome.

Perhaps if you post your plan file Glenn will show you how to do it automatically.   He is the " Auto Roof Master "  and works nights.