how to setup autoroof with break at shed porch roof

madcowscarnival

Hey folks.

I have no problem setting this situation up with manual roofs; its easy and quick.  This morning I was experimenting in trying to create it with an autoroof and am not having success.  I've tried the steps in KB-00045, but can't even duplicate that method (though I would prefer to not need to set height of pitch change or distance from baseline).  Untitled 3 is what I'm trying to auto-create (9' house ceiling, 8' porch, 4:12 main roof, 2.5:12 porch roof).

Thank you all, as always.

Untitled 2.plan Untitled 2 - Copy.plan

Ahh, thanks for the catch Chris.  The main roof of the house will be trusses bearing on the exterior wall.  The pitch break change will occur somewhere to the inside of the exterior house wall depending on the slope of the porch.  Porch rafters will overframe on the trusses above the exterior house wall.

26 minutes ago, madcowscarnival said:

Ahh, thanks for the catch Chris.  The main roof of the house will be trusses bearing on the exterior wall.  The pitch break change will occur somewhere to the inside of the exterior house wall depending on the slope of the porch.  Porch rafters will overframe on the trusses above the exterior house wall.

Gotcha, yeah I didn't read carefully enough. 

I don't have a formula for getting that exact, I usually fake it close using cad lines in an elevation.

48246145_ScreenShot2022-03-10at3_08_54PM.thumb.png.26f60f67ec299cd3d163be37f8420391.png