How do I select all rooms on a floor to adjust their floor?

bdillard1

Go to solution Solved by Greg_NY61,

Hello,

Once a floor is divided into rooms, how do you select all rooms, closets etc if you want to modify something about the floor construction?   In my current view it selects just one room at a time.   I can hold ctrl and select multiple rooms but I'd like to just select all rooms if possible without clicking on each little room or closet.

Thanks

Capture.JPG

Thanks - it seems correct in defaults - or at least the value I want to change is right but grayed out.   However if I go to a room and look at the room specification when I go to structure it has the wrong value.

I can't figure out how to do the marquee all.   I tried this video but it still seems to select tables, chairs, appliances etc.  

44 minutes ago, bdillard1 said:

Thanks - it seems correct in defaults - or at least the value I want to change is right but grayed out.   However if I go to a room and look at the room specification when I go to structure it has the wrong value.

Can you please explain in detail what you are doing that would lead you to a greyed out value? It really is a bad habit to start editing room heights separate from the overall floor height

51 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Can you please explain in detail what you are doing that would lead you to a greyed out value? It really is a bad habit to start editing room heights separate from the overall floor height

Sure - I am trying to figure out how to adjust the basement depth and add floor trusses over the basement.     I selected the default settings, floors & rooms, floor levels, 1st floor, structure - floor was greyed out.   Yet if I selected different rooms they had different floor levels until I got the tip about the marquees.

I'm not an engineer or architect so while I don't expect to build from this I'd like to get some of the contruction figured out in the ballpark so I can figure out some details.   I'm  hoping to get some help with posts like Greg and Solver's as I do much much better with visual support.  I can learn a lot provided I get helpful tips like those with the pictures.    

1.  I would like under the 4" cement flooring, 10 mil poly, 2 x 2" rigid insulation (no idea if 10" of crushed stone under the insulation is in the diagram/CA or not) - not sure if it is right in my project)

2. My ceiling / floor above will have a 14" 4x3 wooden truss  - split about halfway so each half about 18' long. 

3.  I figure it will require about a 12" mid section beam (not sure how wide that would be - 6"?) and steel columns with cement beneath about 8' apart.

I would like the lowest point of construction over the basement to still give me 8.5' to 9' of clearance - my guess that is the mid section beam but again I'm no architect.

4. I'd like to be able to see the truss from the basement level - when I look up I'd like to see the OSB that is above the truss for the subfloor of the 1st floor.

I'm not sure if it matters but for the basement walls I couldn't find dimple mat so I duplicated some material and called it that.  I have closed cell insulation on the inside.   This is initially going to be an unfinished basement.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AonCBRorVv74rBCp6bZ_YzT6FOFL?e=z7nexm 

While some might be inclined to say I just need to hire an architect, I'd like to learn some of the basics before I see an architect as I'm bound to make 1000 changes to this before I'm even remotely ready to see a professional and then start the process again.

39 minutes ago, bdillard1 said:

I'm not sure if it matters but for the basement walls I couldn't find dimple mat so I duplicated some material and called it that.  I have closed cell insulation on the inside.   This is initially going to be an unfinished basement.

Quite a few problems in this plan. It would take a while to go through them all, so if they are working for you I would just say carry on.
I didn't run into greyed out designations in floor defaults:
image.thumb.png.d3ab85d01f972a36e07c792364942d63.png

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

Quite a few problems in this plan. It would take a while to go through them all, so if they are working for you I would just say carry on.
I didn't run into greyed out designations in floor defaults:

Thanks - that is correct - once I selected them all using the marquee and set them to the same the greyed out option went away.

I have many things to fix in it so my drawing is constantly changing  - often when I fix one thing, another is thrown out of balance.   If anyone has any helpful suggestions about correcting issues with the foundation I would appreciate it.   While there are many things wrong with my plan, I tend to work best when I focus on one objective at a time.