Slab Perimeter Wall Type

robdyck

Go to solution Solved by rgardner,

Has anyone figured out how to create an invisible wall that can display only a single line at the exterior in plan view? The closest I can get is to create a wall that is 1/16" thick. The inside line is set to the invisible line style, and it's color is white just for redundancy.

I make it invisible but place it on the Walls, Railings layer. Because it is invisible, the lines will not follow their settings from the wall spec. dbx, but rather both exterior and interior lines display based on their layer.

If I make this wall solid, then the lines follow the wall spec.

I use them to define concrete patios on ground. It's a bit frustrating, because I'd prefer not to add CAD line work when I need to define the space with walls.

• Solution
31 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Has anyone figured out how to create an invisible wall that can display only a single line at the exterior in plan view? The closest I can get is to create a wall that is 1/16" thick. The inside line is set to the invisible line style, and it's color is white just for redundancy.

I make it invisible but place it on the Walls, Railings layer. Because it is invisible, the lines will not follow their settings from the wall spec. dbx, but rather both exterior and interior lines display based on their layer.

If I make this wall solid, then the lines follow the wall spec.

I use them to define concrete patios on ground. It's a bit frustrating, because I'd prefer not to add CAD line work when I need to define the space with walls.

image.thumb.png.a225077c31ee2d5fc4d20b750e321882.pngimage.thumb.png.90d992108c61b5216801d0e1a0238dc6.png

BTW Air-Gap is the key.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Did you use the opening no material as the wall material and then check that layer as air gap?

Ahhh, I missed that little check mark. That works Ryan, thanks! It creates a slight oddity on the deck above, so I kept the wall material as my alum. trim material. It covers the deck perimeter, but I'm ok with that. My deck layers are vinyl decking for the sheathing, and black aluminum (not framing). This creates an appropriate appearance in elevation views and section views (I don't show floor framing in section views).

image.thumb.png.33ced1c059f5d8f52d822d59c180eb83.pngimage.thumb.png.7bb339acde64ccad41595dbc20ef65ef.png

7 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Does changing the wall to stop at ceiling instead of automatic fix that by chance?

No, it doesn't seem to. I also lose the deck perimeter wherever there's a floor beam because they are all flush beams at the exterior!