Wall framing problem or possibly a bug

Bob-Roraback

In the attached plan I cannot get the correct wall framing when using an open below condition.

I have never noticed this problem before and I am wondering if other users can determine why this is happening or if it is possibly a bug.

Please see the wall framing detail for the wall indicated on the floorplan. Chief is putting in a 1 1/2" long bottom plate section and not framing

the wall intersection correctly where the open below condition is.

Open below framing bug.plan

I wouldn't call it a bug, chief breaks the wall in the center. Not at one side of the wall or the other.

You would have to have the ability to select which side of the wall the framing stops at..

I just tested breaking the wall and using the edit wall layer intersections tool and it still refuses to break the framing on one side of a wall.

Maybe put it in the suggestion forum.

Bob, it looks like you are using X12? We made a number of framing changes in X13.  When I open your plan – since it is set for auto framing – does this look like you would expect ? (see the attached image).  Here’s a related video for more info:

chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/316/designating-platform-or-balloon-framing-conditions.htm

wall-framing.jpg