Have 2 CASEMENT windows, but one is Left and the other is Right hinged, getting the same Schedule Number

JuanR2

I have 2 Casement Windows, the only difference is the hinge side and I get the same Schedule Number, and the same Elevation drawing on the schedule. I should be getting 2 schedule numbers with their corresponding Left and Right Hinge side on the Elevation. (Left and Right Sliders come out ok, it is just the Casement). As for now I "forced" the Schedule to produce a new Schedule Number by adding a Comment on one of them ...to make it different!

By using the Transform-Replicate Tool, in an elevation camera, you select the window you wish to change, select "Reflect Horizontally" and then that action  will  change the henge side. If you also wish to show the henge side in your window schedule you manually alter the "label" of such windows.

DJP

One possibility: if you change the Window Specification>Object Information>Description value for both windows from the default %automatic_description% to an identical custom value, e.g. "hinged", and Schedule Specification>General>Include Options>Group Similar Objects is checked, then Chief will ignore the hinging and will group the windows together based on their identical Description.

Schedules will group objects based only on the information that is displayed in the schedule.  The one caveat is that we don't base the grouping on what the preview image looks like.  So just because one casement window is a right and the other is a left, if there is nothing in the schedule that says this, then they will be grouped together.  

In Eric's picture above, the windows are not grouped because the automatic description includes HL and HR to differentiate them.  If you remove this column then they would probably be grouped together.  

To get them to display separately, you just need to add some more information to the schedule that is different between them.  I don't think there are any built in schedule columns that display the hinging for casement windows (although this seems like the kind of thing that someone would want).  Adding your own comment or creating your own custom column for hinge side would work.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 8:17 AM, Dermot said:

Schedules will group objects based only on the information that is displayed in the schedule.  The one caveat is that we don't base the grouping on what the preview image looks like.  So just because one casement window is a right and the other is a left, if there is nothing in the schedule that says this, then they will be grouped together.  

In Eric's picture above, the windows are not grouped because the automatic description includes HL and HR to differentiate them.  If you remove this column then they would probably be grouped together.  

To get them to display separately, you just need to add some more information to the schedule that is different between them.  I don't think there are any built in schedule columns that display the hinging for casement windows (although this seems like the kind of thing that someone would want).  Adding your own comment or creating your own custom column for hinge side would work.

Information displayed on the Schedule includes OPENING INDICATORS, as of now my schedule does not include extra columns for Left or Right Swing or Slide. Going back to my original question I did not mention the Schedule was working fine on other Left and Right Casement groupings ....IT WAS JUST ONE particular case. Since I do have a Comment Column, I just wrote a period symbol " . " which is un noticeable for the Comment but enough to distinguish between hinge sides. ( I normally don't use industry terms as LH or RH since my projects are in spanish. I do use some english but have to stay away from the technical words to avoid missunderstandings). 

Thanks Dermot

09.-CML-A09a Puertas y Vent Casa.pdf