stevenyhof

5 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

So if you don't want the panels inside you might consider a Niche.  The problem is that AFAIK you can't get a Niche to Mull with a Window.

Well, let me try a niche and see what it does... I think I have some up with a pretty nice option (above)

3 hours ago, rgardner said:

The wall material region was only to cut the brick material back to the sheathing layer.

Years ago, before we had Niches I created a block of a material region and a shape to work together.  I think I still have some of those symbols so it's a distinct possibility.

5 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Years ago, before we had Niches I created a block of a material region and a shape to work together.  I think I still have some of those symbols so it's a distinct possibility.

Hmmm. I will look into that. Maybe if something can be created that sinks into a wall, I could create a panel that could be sized to fit under a window.

12 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

You might have something here... Could even be a raised panel

image.thumb.png.dc477dab7e6953fb0e6ff3a8b2a24d53.png

21 minutes ago, stevenyhof said:

And another to fine tune this process...

https://www.loom.com/share/1763931479674bf8ae2cf9d1c2a669c7

I'm leaning toward this way. I would not mull the panels anyway and suppress the label. You can still mull the windows above it and it does not effect the windows panels.

The panels can be on their own layer so they do not show up on the plan

Thanks to everyone for diving into this!!

image.thumb.png.e680f72c2433b680ff8ceb15f2e50ccd.pngimage.thumb.png.3bf6cdaca17f9da611325490b5dc8c58.png

Really seems like you are not seeing the power of the cabinet along with the material Regino technique.  No patching in the inside.  If you want the sill add a molding on the cabinet as well.  If you want more of a 3D look make the cabinet deeper and remove the doors set your stiles and rails exactly how you want them and place on top of a wall material region that will cut the brick away.  Once you have the style of pattern you want it can be done in probably 2-5 minutes for the first one copied and pasted around as needed very quickly.

10 hours ago, rgardner said:

Really seems like you are not seeing the power of the cabinet along with the material Regino technique.  No patching in the inside.  If you want the sill add a molding on the cabinet as well.  If you want more of a 3D look make the cabinet deeper and remove the doors set your stiles and rails exactly how you want them and place on top of a wall material region that will cut the brick away.  Once you have the style of pattern you want it can be done in probably 2-5 minutes for the first one copied and pasted around as needed very quickly.

I will definitely look into this. I always thought garage doors could use an interphase like the cabinets.

Thank you, Ryan!

11 hours ago, rgardner said:

Here is an example of what I believe Ryan is referring too... Worked very nicely. The one thing I also learned was that Material Regions will sink into the wall, that opens up some new ideas.

https://www.loom.com/share/6ce866323d2c49008975346667443c32

2 hours ago, stevenyhof said:

Here is an example of what I believe Ryan is referring too... Worked very nicely. The one thing I also learned was that Material Regions will sink into the wall, that opens up some new ideas.

https://www.loom.com/share/6ce866323d2c49008975346667443c32

Just a heads up that you can mark the material region to remove finish layer or leave it in the dbx for the region.  In this case I was using it to cut the brick layer to place your panel flush on the sheathing layer or on top of the house wrap layer.