Color Fill Issue in Layout

ionkin_DESIGN

Go to solution Solved by robdyck,

I found a thread with this issue from 2018. Here we are in 2021 and I am getting the same issue. See attached. Has anyone found a work around or a fix to this problem color fill issue when sending elevations or section view as plot line with color fill option checked?

312992181_Screenshot2021-10-28230529.thumb.jpg.cfa955dfe42ae740e54fae1bfc09bacd.jpg

I think the issue is a little better than it originally was but it can still be a problem.  The overall width of the plan is a factor.  You may have a very large terrain perimeter or even a rogue object that has wandered off to the side of your plan file somewhere that will throw off the camera.  Also check to see if your plan is oriented somewhere close to the point of origin on the grid.

Generally it is best to quote the important threads you have referenced so others can take a look if necessary and it also helps when staff are looking at the forum.

If you have any issues figuring it out post the plan file and one of the experts might be willing to have a look.

Here is the thread I mentioned earlier: Color Fill in Layout - General Q & A - ChiefTalk Forum (chiefarchitect.com)

I do have large site plan. I don't have any other objects besides the building.

Do you have any suggestions sending Elevation/Cross Sections view with large site plan to help alleviate this issue? I am not sure what i can do to help it..

See attached plan and layout.

Det-Shop-Htd-Insl.layout Det-Shop-Htd-Insl.plan

• Like 1

Yes it is the site plan or specifically the width of the terrain perimeter that is causing the issue.  You could do your site plan in another plan file or if all you require in that respect is 2D then do it in a CAD detail.

Most importantly let Chief Architect know how you feel, as they love hearing from new users.  Then they may fix it for the rest of us. :)

image.thumb.png.39e59ae2354f6bbcc39ec15e9ab60ed6.png

Thank you for pointing in the right direction how tix it temporary. I use site plan for elevation references and for 3d as well.

I'll be submitting this to chief support, hopefully they will include this fix in update roll out (wishful thinking...) or at least X14, as I use color in the layout quite a bit.