Multiple size foundation wall and step floor truss

Csnrv2019

Go to solution Solved by rlackore,

The plan I have attached is currently a mess and I am in the process of cleaning and finalizing, however I am having issue with creating a foundation wall that allows a 24 inch floor truss to be set inside the foundation wall along with using a 8inch block and then using 4 inch block on the top 2 courses. Has anyone ever accomplished this? TIA, Mike

2021-10-13 floor truss draft design.jpg

2021-10-12 FOUNDATION CURTIS IScreenshot 2021-10-12 221417.jpg

2021-10-13 Curtis Plan to Chief Help.zip

• Solution

You can get close using a Pony Wall for the foundation wall and checking Wall Specification>Structure>Platform Intersections>Ceiling Platform>Hang Floor Platform Above on Wall. Draw a Floor Truss, modify it, lock it, then copy it across. You will still need some CAD work to clean up the sections, or you can not worry about modeling the condition and simply reference the nice detail you have.

1136557025_ScreenShot10-13-21at08_24AM.thumb.JPG.c8c6c80daefab03f6a03ab4b6d4f141b.JPG

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

Automatic (well Floor trusses have to be done manually always but everything else automatic) with trusses snapping to the narrower wall:

Ryan, I suspect the OP needs a full 8" thick wall below grade as shown in the detail, which is why an extended top-chord bearing is necessary. Truss bearing length may also be an issue. These are design issues, but they manifest as Chief issues when attempting to model the conditions. It would be nice if the software would give us more control over truss end conditions.

7 minutes ago, rlackore said:

Ryan, I suspect the OP needs a full 8" thick wall below grade as shown in the detail, which is why an extended top-chord bearing is necessary. Truss bearing length may also be an issue. These are design issues, but they manifest as Chief issues when attempting to model the conditions. It would be nice if the software would give us more control over truss end conditions.

What I am showing was an 8" thick wall at the bottom and a 6" at top.  If they need the 8" to go to grade you would just change the pony wall height to be specific to that height.  Same concept.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:28 AM, rlackore said:

You can get close using a Pony Wall for the foundation wall and checking Wall Specification>Structure>Platform Intersections>Ceiling Platform>Hang Floor Platform Above on Wall. Draw a Floor Truss, modify it, lock it, then copy it across. You will still need some CAD work to clean up the sections, or you can not worry about modeling the condition and simply reference the nice detail you have.

1136557025_ScreenShot10-13-21at08_24AM.thumb.JPG.c8c6c80daefab03f6a03ab4b6d4f141b.JPG

This is exactly what I needed. Thanks for the help!!