Corner Sliding Glass Door

masoncobb

I don't know if this has been asked and answered before, I searched but didn't come up with anything.  I need to create a large sliding glass door that opens fully from the corner. I know how to have a custom window go around the corner but not a door. Picture added for reference.

I am using version X12

IMG_8725.thumb.jpg.e6056a22dd0982df0b597d79a484f1fe.jpg

3 hours ago, masoncobb said:

So chief does not do what I'm wanting. I have to create it with polyline solids or symbols of some kind.

Not necessarily , but may depend on what you need to show and in what view .  As you already Noted windows will join on Corners.....

so Configure a Fixed Window to look like a Sliding Door , ie Floor to 8' (?), no frame, casing or sill, and setting the Sashes to the needed Sizes.

You can then show it with or without a corner post......

image.thumb.png.6ef83b00feb8a56fa3ba28b581dc8d52.png  image.thumb.png.aca99bc64266b821617ed0d46a4a8450.png

Mick.

7 hours ago, masoncobb said:

So chief does not do what I'm wanting. I have to create it with polyline solids or symbols of some kind.

If you look in the linked discussion you will see that @Alaskan_Son has a way to do it on the interior that I have modeled many times using offset doors and invisible walls.

6 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Not necessarily , but may depend on what you need to show and in what view .  As you already Noted windows will join on Corners.....

so Configure a Fixed Window to look like a Sliding Door , ie Floor to 8' (?), no frame, casing or sill, and setting the Sashes to the needed Sizes.

You can then show it with or without a corner post......

Mick.

Instead of a Fixed Window you can use a Pass Through instead and as it is a type of window you can also get it to corner join and turn off the Corner post , and then use a Single Panel Sliding Door Symbol which is easy to Transform the require number of copies along the wall while offsetting them their own thickness as well.

You can either then block them together if needed or leave as single Units, so you can slide them open or closed as needed....

image.thumb.png.cc9f39ff43a9158ed66c8dc5c25128ab.png  image.thumb.png.0c224d40d58be28d905eb07fe36158ab.png

Here is the Plan File to play with.....

Corner Sliders from Pass-through.plan

Mick.