Intelligent Callouts in Layout part 2

stevesakiwi

This might better explain the issue I deal with & a work-around I am playing with.

Firstly, my layout Sheets are A3 (ANSI B)....This is the typical sheet size Councils & contractors want in New Zealand & Australia....90% of residential plans will be on A3 sheets.

Often there is no room on Layout sheets with cross sections & floor plans to show callouts associated with details on respective cross section & plans.

These CAD details need to be shown on another layout Sheet as CAD detail scale is typically 1:5

For a reasonably complex house plan, I will have 4~6 cross sections & 40~50 CAD detail callouts......the need for the reader to navigate between Sheets is imperative - hence why having Details/Sections/Layouts referenced is important....I'm really looking forward to when CA has this feature ...already happening on other CAD platforms.

Please refer attached - here's a work-around that I'm now using.

1 - There is no need to show a callout on sections as the locations are referenced on 3D views of the project.... in this case Sheet 27

2 - The attached pdf shows 36 callouts currently showing on other Layout sheets - this project will easily see over 40 CAD details at completion.

4 - If I add another callout, I only need to show the callout # on the 3D & on the Layout Sheet where it is located.

5- I try to keep different elements such as walls, roof, foundations with different looking callouts so if I'm adding another detail eg: Wall cladding, I use the next number in the sequence

3 - Downfall -  I have a note in RED to remind myself not to change camera location - to do so, changes the 3D view & you have to shift all of the callouts located on that 3D view.

Please feel free to provide suggestions how this systems can be simplified...or is there a better work-around?

TIA.........Steve

10.5 Example Detail Legend.pdf