NKBA dimensions for X13

Elmarie

Hi there,

When I go Edit, Default Settings, Dimension, Dimensions, only "Dimension Defaults" and "Dimension Defaults Legacy Auto Elevation" show up.

I was doing one of the video tutorials and the instructor had a whole bunch there so I know I'm at least missing the NKBA's dimensions (which I'm most interested in), but also perhaps some others? From the research I've done it seems I can import these files so if someone can tell me where to download them that would be awesome. I'd also like to know what else I'm missing though! I don't have a lot of customized settings yet, so is there a way to rest the software to "factory settings"?

Thanks in advance,

Elmarie

Are you using X13? Dimension defaults got a complete overhaul. Are using the kitchen template or some other?

If you open the dimension defauls further there will a list   

image.thumb.png.a02f513cf4c13a88a415e578777fe8e2.png

If on X13 you might look into the help about dimensions, might also go to the end of help to see what's new.

. image.thumb.png.55b8bf36ce0d24f92378bd89f4c0c1f2.png

1 hour ago, Elmarie said:

Hi there,

When I go Edit, Default Settings, Dimension, Dimensions, only "Dimension Defaults" and "Dimension Defaults Legacy Auto Elevation" show up.

I was doing one of the video tutorials and the instructor had a whole bunch there so I know I'm at least missing the NKBA's dimensions (which I'm most interested in), but also perhaps some others? From the research I've done it seems I can import these files so if someone can tell me where to download them that would be awesome. I'd also like to know what else I'm missing though! I don't have a lot of customized settings yet, so is there a way to rest the software to "factory settings"?

Thanks in advance,

Elmarie

It sounds like to me you are using one of the Home Designer Titles ?  Not Chief Premier or Interiors , in which case you can't import

the Other Defaults either, unless that changed in the 2022 of the Home Designer Titles?  ( see File>Import>Default Settings )

When watching Videos or even on the Knowledgebase, make sure the Version you are using is listed as applicable to your Title.

HomeTalk is the Forum for the Home Designer Titles and the place to ask questions , as most here on ChiefTalk have never used the Home Designer Titles,

and answer are frequently related to the Version in use.

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

M.

Hi again,

I am using Premier X13, although I'm not a very experienced user (yet!) I've also updated my profile.

MarkMc, I will read the help; I didn't realize dimensions were completely overhauled.

Thank you for the help so far.

You should do your Signature....not the same thing as the Profile , so everyone knows you have X13, you should be able to see mine and Mark's above unless you have turned Signatures off ?

check this Video for how to do your Sig.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk/?tab=comments#comment-155662

Mick. 

20 minutes ago, Elmarie said:

I am using Premier X13, although I'm not a very experienced user (yet!) I've also updated my profile.

That is strange then as all Chief Premier Templates have multiple Dimension Defaults including NKBA. 

If you Open Edit>Preferences>General>New Plans , what Plan is being used as the Default for all new Plans?

Typically it is set to use Residential Template.plan by Default but you may have chosen  the Kitchen and Bath Template too when asked.

( add M to end of file names for Metric Plans. )

Mick

PS your Sig. is now there....:)

Did you upgrade from a Home Designer Title ?   I think it maybe still referring to your OLD Templates not the X13 ones....

Hit the Browse button and make sure to choose the X13 Kitchen and Bath Template in the X13 Data Folder>Templates

you should see this 

image.thumb.png.8fb103de010fd6fc4550432cea6b07fd.png

6 minutes ago, Elmarie said:

I'll experiment further to see if I can somehow get those into my saved work. Thanks again for the help.

You can import Default Settings (includes Dims) to an existing Plan if needed , eg one started in a Home Designer Title , when it asks for the Plan to use, point it at the Residential Plan File.

I would also suggest you import the Saved Plan Views too as those are not available in the Home Designer Series either.

Mick.