Floor Framing does not cover entire floor

Keiannarae914

I'm an interior designer learning CA for the purpose of submitting drawings for permits. I have run into a problem.  What I thought was a framing issue might actually a room structure problem.   Originally, in my structure settings I see my ceilings in certain room were 16'+ instead of 9'.  So I ended up changing the whole foundation to 9', so I did that and all my elevations look good, but I still get the same framing result. Also, about the triangle area in the room, it is a built in fireplace.  In the setting I specify that there is no ceiling above this area, but it still shows framing.  And I have looked at the training videos, there is nothing in the video about how to solve the problem when it doesn't work.  If I need to upload additional screen shot, just let me know what someone needs to see.   I can upload/send my plan to anyone that would be willing to look at it.   Thanks in advance for any help!

Floor Framing.PNG

Room Specification Structure settings.png

Room Specification Structure settings for triangle area.png

Room Specification Structure settings for unframed area.PNG

I think you have several problems.

You need to uncheck Retain Floor/Ceiling Framing.

Have a look at your Floor Supplied by the Foundation Room Below and Room Supplies Floor For The Room Above settings.

You have it set differently for different rooms.

Floor Supplied By the Foundation Room Below would normally be unchecked on the main floor level.

• Upvote 1