Do I or Don't I, This is the REAL question...

Afternoon,

I'm a Real Estate Professional, also a seasoned Carponter. Considering purchasing the program as I do see the BENEFITS of having it though I do have some concerns In regards to my purchase... Does the pro come with all the extra content downloads or am I required to pay for those separately. I really like the materials aspect telling me what I will need for the project though forgive me if I Do double check as I do not like under or over purchase on materials, little over is the goal but absolutely do not like making more trips then necessary. Please advise, is the pro version worth it verse the statndard basic version other then the downloadable content I'm assuming is different??? Please help me clarify or understand so that I may complete my purchase and then we will talk much I assume because I like learning new things and this program provides a plethora of learning... Thanks   

I can only talk in regards Premier version, (the professional version). Not exactly sure which versions you are deciding between as there is a pro version in the lower speced Home designer series.

Not sure about the limitations and whats included with these versions.

With Premier you have free access to the downloadable libraries if your SSA is current.

The materials list is only as accurate as the model allows it, ie as you get more proficent and include everything it gets more accurate.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, YourDestinyHomes said:

Thank you for the information.

I watched a bunch of the videos on the program and went ahead with the purchase of Pro. I think it is going to be perfect for what I intend to use it for so it will in turn pay for itself!

Check out the HomeTalk Forum too as most people here don't know Pro  ( most have Premier or Interiors ) and won't be able to answer specific Pro Questions.

AlsoWhen watch Videos make sure the Pro Version is listed  , the same on the KnowledgeBase ( KB) as an applicable Product.

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

M.

Home Designer Pro is full featured in terms of 3D modeling as Premier. The big divide is limited choices and procedures that make Home Designer Pro a very "little" brother to Chief Architect Premier Full Version. Home Designer Pro has an ability to create scaled printed pages using a .layout file as does Chief Premier but the difference is in Pro you create a single layout file for EACH printed sheet and in Premier a single layout file can contain 1,000 such formatted scaled pages. Premier has lots of advanced and tools to make you faster and more efficient where as in HD Pro you can do the same things but it takes you longer to obtain a similar product. For what they charge for it, it is a STEAL!!!!!

It is true that this is the forum for Chief Premier users and Home Designer has their own users forum called "Home Talk".

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    peterpan
    Newest Member
    peterpan

• By chiefsusi
      I have the home designer 2016. I have been working on a house design for weeks now and last night I had to shut my computer without being able to save the file I was working on.  Normally, when I open house design it asks me if I want to use the auto save feature, I say yes and then it opens to the file I closed out on the night before.   However, this morning when i turned the computer back on, it didn't prompt me for the autosave and the file I was working on yesterday is no where to be found....only much older versions of the same house design.  Any suggestions on where I might find my current file?
    • By Chief_Content
      You may have noticed that the User Interface on the 3D Library has changed recently.

We are now able to offer catalogs for purchase to our Home Designer users and other Non-SSA Chief Architect Software users! The purchasing option should not affect the ability of users with active SSA Accounts to access catalogs.

To offer a brief history, at the inception of SSA our Chief Architect users were granted access to catalogs as part of the value and benefit of the package. This left a segment of our Home Designer DIY users without a mechanism to access the catalogs in the same way. Now, with the new purchase option, we are able to provide a way for all of our users to leverage the content available on our 3D Library site.

It is possible for any visitor to purchase catalogs from the 3D Library, perhaps mistakenly, if they are not logged into the site with their active account. To avoid this confusion, simply log in with your active SSA account, and you will see catalogs indicated as "SSA" with the regular price crossed out. We are happy to continue to be able to offer the value of catalog access as a benefit to those that choose to renew each year.

We do not intend to change the availability of catalogs to our SSA users, or start charging for catalog downloads to SSA users in the visible future. The exception in this strategy is for cases of catalogs with very niche markets and that are very specialized when compared to regular design projects created in Chief Architect. Currently, the two examples of this are the Crime Scene & Fire Investigation and the Medical / Dental catalogs. These catalogs are currently available as purchases for all users. Versions of these catalogs that you have downloaded in the past for free will continue to function and update as usual without any charges. However if one chooses to download them from the 3D Library, a purchase is required.

We hope that this change makes sense, and that our SSA users will see minimal impact to their regular use of the site. We will continue to make updates and improvements to the 3D Library as permits.

I've created this thread in the "Symbols and Content" forum where you can share questions and comments on this topic, should any arise.

Visit the 3D Library to see the new changes to the page and try downloading a few of the latest offerings we have there!

Best,

Chief Architect Content Development Team