CAD Details...where the heck are the Defaults for this?

Renerabbitt

3 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Mine changes layerset and all defaults. The active SPV has Active Defaults

Which window or tab is active when you are creating the New CAD Detail.  If a Plan View is not currently active, I find that the new CAD Detail inherits its properties from the last Plan View that was activate. 

5 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Which window or tab is active when you are creating the New CAD Detail.  If a Plan View is not currently active, I find that the new CAD Detail inherits its properties from the last Plan View that was activate. 

I have a Plan view named Working Plan View. The Default Set is Active Defaults. The Layer Set is Working Layer Set.

The new CAD Detail retains Active Defaults but the Defaults themselves change. The Layer Set changes to Detail Layer Set. 

I remember in past that I could not only control the Layer Set that was created by default but also the Drawing Sheet Size.  

5 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

I can't find where the defaults for the CAD Details are. If you simply create a new CAD detail from your project browser, Active Defaults and a different Layer Set open up. Where is this Detail inheriting its Defaults from?

3 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

I remember in past that I could not only control the Layer Set that was created by default but also the Drawing Sheet Size.  

This should all be the same in X12 and X13.

For Plan views it will just take whatever Default Set and Drawing Sheet that was used in the active view, however if you were in a camera view when you created the Detail, it will use the Camera View's Default Set (note this changed to 'Plan Default Set' in X13, from "1/4" scale" in X12) and the last open Plan View's Drawing Sheet, since camera views don't have a Drawing Sheet.

A new Detail's default Layer Set is specified in the Default Settings> Layer Sets dialog.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GeneDavis said:

So if I created a CAD detail I'm going to send to layout at 3/4" = 1', but came from a view with anno all at 1/4", slhow can I set my anno?

From tool bar Option #1:  Edit Active View>Selected Defaults

From tool bar Option #2:  Use Active Default Set Control dropdown

From tool bar Option #3:  Use Active Defaults dialog

From Project Browser:  Edit View>Selected Defaults

• Upvote 1