Reducing .pdf size of Layout File for online submission

DeltaHome

I now have a Part 1 and a Part 2 Layout file which I am happy with.  However the Part 1 file saved to .pdf is too large to email (and thus likely too large to submit online). 

What are the tricks for reducing the .pdf size of a layout file?  Can I go through and uncheck Save to Plan on each item and then print that file to .pdf?  Will that reduce the size of the resulting .pdf? 

Any other suggestions?

Most online submission sites do not allow for Chief Architect PDF's due to the file size unless you are ok with submitting fuzzy work like some people seem to think is ok.

The best option is to upload to your own cloud account and provide the download link.

• Like 1

I bit the bullet last night and bought the Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 stand alone (i.e., not subscription version) for $449 and it successfully reduced the file size to 11,000 KB per each of my two .layout files and I was able to send each of them to my engineer for his review. 

So I am sure that the County Building Permits & Inspection Division dept will be able to receive that file size. 

In contrast my old Adobe Acrobat Pro XI was unable to reduce the file size anywhere near that small.