Construction Drawings

CaptivatingD

Most forum persons here do not use Home Designer Professional, most have not even heard of it.

With the 2018 version you have a printed page limitation of 18" x 24" max size. More recent versions offer the full range of paper sizes.

Home Designer Professional can do most everything Chief Premier can do, just not as efficiently or finely as Premier. You can at least imagine what the differences of two programs, one costing merely just under $500.00 and one costing six times as much. Professional and Premier are worth every dollar exchanged for their use but they are also not equal in efficiency and ability.

Current versions of HD Pro. can import AutoCAD .dwg files, 2018 cannot, it only  imports .dxf files not near as useful as .dwg files and on and on.

Simple, smaller construction documents can be done in HD Pro 2018 but you would be better off generally by at least upgrading to the current version (2022 just recently released) and even better served by an upgrade to Chief Architect Premier version X13. It is your choice to make.

DJP

12 hours ago, CaptivatingD said:

Home Designer Pro (2018) can produce construction drawings?

Pro only allows 1 page in a Layout , so you will need to have Multi Plan Copies to generate all the necessary pages....

unless that limit was removed in more recent Versions?

M.

Several times I have had Home Designer Pro users ask me to help them create construction documents using Pro. I created a layout file for each page, both of the custom homes I helped draft had a minimum of seven pages and the homes are now permitted and built, so it is doable.

DJP