How Many Templet Plans Do You Use?

4hotshoez

You can change what plan(s) is/are referenced by the layout in tools/layout/referenced plan files. All layout views will now reference the plan you have just spec'd. You can also change what plan is referenced by individual layout views by right-clicking the border & then clicking on the double links on the Edit toolbar.

Here's what my pg0 w/ all layers displayed looks like. Set up layers, layer sets & anno sets for each pg size. I also have a couple layers that display in all layer sets. Then it's just a case of changing layer sets as well as your printer/page setup for each paper size.

It has been suggested previously that the printer/pg setup could be linked to the layer set. That would save that extra step.

post-120-0-15230700-1418682387_thumb.jpg

post-120-0-75154800-1418682398_thumb.jpg

profile.plan is what comes with Chief OOB

there is also profilem.plan for metric

Lew

So if Chief comes with profile.plan, wouldn't be good to create my own template named as such rather than risk having Chief over write my efforts with a new profile.plan? Or does this not work that way?

Yes there is. The long answer is in the SAM VIDEOS.  

You are relatively new,  I would recommend you watch the MRLS,  THE SAM and the ANNO SET VIDEOS @ chief tutor.com at this location.....   

http://www.chieftutor.com/scotthall/

I strongly believe these are some very good videos that will give you a good foundation to put together a set of plans.  I have also done some follow up videos on these subjects on the old forum,  (use key words  "VIDEOS BY DSH"   and on YOUTUBE.

Thanks Scott. Plenty to see!