Hide CAD lines on 3D symbols in elevation views

toucanskeleton

I'm trying to replicate a window sill I have on a model in SketchUp. I can import a .SKP file and convert it to a 3D symbol just fine, but then in elevation views, CA wants to show these CAD lines every couple inches for some reason. The 3D view looks just fine, but I do need to be able to create elevation views as well. Is there some checkbox I could toggle and solve this issue?

elevation.jpg

window.jpg

3d.jpg

sketchup.jpg

4 hours ago, toucanskeleton said:

Is there some checkbox I could toggle and solve this issue?

That's because it is a 3D Symbol Molding.

A 3D Symbol Molding repeats a shape along it's length and you see each repeated shape in vector view, but not in a render view.

As others have said - use a 2D molding profile instead.  

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Peterh
    Newest Member
    Peterh

• By rfhager2169
      I am looking to Export a pretty extensive floorplan build in sketch up into Chief... I know how to successfully create a 3D symbol, but I cannot build a floorplan from that. Has anyone successfully done this? 
    • By country
      Is it possible to export a plan to Sketchup?  My client's Interior Designer uses Sketchup and it would be much easier and cheaper if she didn't have to redraw the entire renovation plan.
    • By EMchue
      Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could help with some issues Im having with importing 3d symbols - I am trying to import some SKP files into chief (decor, people etc) and while some are coming in fine others are coming in with no texture/materials or the materials are not applied correctly (eg a symbol of a person the texture is placed wrong) - if someone could help me out with how to "lock" the material that would be super helpful. Thanks 

first image is how it appears in sketchup and second how it imports into CA

Emily 
      X14
    • By EMchue
      Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone would be able to convert some 3D symbols I have into something I can import into chief. 
      I need some specific symbols for a design I am doing and an unable to figure out how to convert them (including their textures) into one of the formats chief will allow to be imported as a symbol. I have tried pulling the obj and fbx files into sketchup but they are missing the textures and these are quite complicated collections, too many textures to add back in one at at time. I only have a basic knowledge of sketchup and have a mac computer which doesn't support 3ds max (the only program i have come across to do this). 
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
      They are big files so i can zip and email them if someone is willing to help. 

Thanks, 
      Emily 
    • By jbonja
      Is there a way to pass data into CA via the variables from other programs?  Specifically I want to populate my client information automatically from a client database I have versus re-typing.

Thanks