Sloped Porch Ceiling Question

SNestor

What I'm attempting to do is to use a roof truss to create this single plane roof...and have the truss extend out over the porch with a sloping bottom...basically extending the ceiling plane that is inside the home continuously through the porch ceiling. Structurally the truss will need some depth between the roof plane and ceiling plane to work...and the bottom chord will have a pitch to it.

Is there any way to get the bottom of the walls to follow the pitch of the ceiling?

Example plan attached. Ceiling Plane Test Plan.plan

2021-04-01_19-10-26.thumb.png.91048ae09cf9fb276078735797e428d6.png

4 hours ago, SNestor said:

What I'm attempting to do is to use a roof truss to create this single plane roof...and have the truss extend out over the porch with a sloping bottom...basically extending the ceiling plane that is inside the home continuously through the porch ceiling. Structurally the truss will need some depth between the roof plane and ceiling plane to work...and the bottom chord will have a pitch to it.

Is there any way to get the bottom of the walls to follow the pitch of the ceiling?

Example plan attached. Ceiling Plane Test Plan.plan

2021-04-01_19-10-26.thumb.png.91048ae09cf9fb276078735797e428d6.png

Roof cuts wall at bottom works the same for a roof plane or a ceiling plane.

@rgardner - yea, I tried using a roof to create the sloping ceiling.  Doesn’t work.

I have a 2nd roof above the roof I’m trying to use as a ceiling.  When you check roof cuts wall at bottom it places the walls above the upper roof.  

6 hours ago, SNestor said:

@rgardner - yea, I tried using a roof to create the sloping ceiling.  Doesn’t work.

I have a 2nd roof above the roof I’m trying to use as a ceiling.  When you check roof cuts wall at bottom it places the walls above the upper roof.  

Sorry to point out but I very purposely wrote “ceiling planes” work the same as roof planes with the wall cut by roof plane below.  You only need 1 roof plane and 1 ceiling plane.

2 hours ago, rgardner said:

Sorry to point out but I very purposely wrote “ceiling planes” work the same as roof planes with the wall cut by roof plane below.  You only need 1 roof plane and 1 ceiling plane.

Thanks for that tip Ryan...I thought that was the case but I was attempting to do it above a railing wall...and the ceiling plane "roof cuts at bottom" does not work. See attached.

I'll have to use standard walls and set to "roof cuts at bottom"...then add my railings as "no locate"...or, possibly I may have to use a symbol. 

2021-04-02_16-37-45.thumb.png.558787adfce58c34259c91eac27bb9fa.png

1 hour ago, SNestor said:

Thanks for that tip Ryan...I thought that was the case but I was attempting to do it above a railing wall...and the ceiling plane "roof cuts at bottom" does not work. See attached.

I'll have to use standard walls and set to "roof cuts at bottom"...then add my railings as "no locate"...or, possibly I may have to use a symbol. 

2021-04-02_16-37-45.thumb.png.558787adfce58c34259c91eac27bb9fa.png

Yeah I think you will have to have the railing as no locate to get it to work how you are looking for.  Neat design btw.