Walk In Closet The Easiest Way

simonas

The most difficult for me is to draw walk in closet cabinets with open shelves and railing.

It seems the easiest is to use partitions and shelves, which makes all work long.

If I try to use tall cabinets I get two side panels side by side, is there a way to make it like in this photo I have attached? you can see there is only one partition or side panel, not two. How you handle it?

post-1751-0-13621400-1417595006_thumb.jpg

Thanks you!

However I see you have same problem like me, we get double side panels when connecting cabinets.

It would be really good to have option to manipulate thickness of back & side panels

and if needed, you can make it 0mm.

Also backpanel by default is around 18mm thick, no one makes solid wood panels for back side in this world, agree? 

Yes there are some limitations, if your trying to make them for your shop to build from, it may be easier for them to make in a cabinet specific software.

I believe most back panels in the real world are 1/4" plywood veneer material.

I found in my library a closet module set, kindly offered by a fellow user. I don't recall who it was at the moment.

Passing forward, see if they will help.

look in your user library after you open the file( double click it to open and load it into your copy of chief x6)

Hope this helps.

closet-modules.calibz

Here's a plan with closet storage and items I have saved in my library that you may or may not want to save to your library.  The blocked cabinet combinations can be unblocked and edited as desired.  All this is just Chief stuff that has been changed as needed.

post-191-0-44596400-1417620051_thumb.jpg

ClosetStorage.zip

I placed an extra copy of the shelves (left side) out away from the wall so you can see that there is a back to them.  When placed against the wall, I get a lot of Z fighting and it almost looks like there is no back on the shelves.  The corner cabinet is just a wall corner cabinet that I edited to have 15" deep sides so that 12" shelves could land against them with a little extra to spare.