msshemwell

converging wall types in X12

I have two different wall types here for a basement plan I'm working on.  One is an 8" concrete stem wall with a 1 1/2" air gap, 3 1/2" framing, and 1/2" drywall.  The other is a standard interior 6 wall.  I can't seem to get them to play nice in the areas that they merge.  Any help?

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 11.43.11 AM.png

You have a fairly complex situation there but the "Edit Wall Layers Intersection" tool 762142992_EditWallLayerIntersections.jpg.b8e83702f62a6e46ebb75fe2fb1129e0.jpg my be of some use for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msshemwell said:

I have two different wall types here for a basement plan I'm working on.  One is an 8" concrete stem wall with a 1 1/2" air gap, 3 1/2" framing, and 1/2" drywall.  The other is a standard interior 6 wall.  I can't seem to get them to play nice in the areas that they merge.  Any help?

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 11.43.11 AM.png

Hard to tell what the problem is...but, you may want to try and define your foundation wall as I have shown in the attached. You may want to look into "furred wall" also. Sometimes if you designate a wall or a portion of a wall as "furred" [you can find this setting in the wall dbx under the structure tab]. 2021-02-27_15-22-37.thumb.png.1127aa00cae7c48fbe79a0219fda7bbe.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

You have a fairly complex situation there but the "Edit Wall Layers Intersection" tool 762142992_EditWallLayerIntersections.jpg.b8e83702f62a6e46ebb75fe2fb1129e0.jpg my be of some use for you.

Thank you Chopsaw!  I was able to edit the intersection points and achieve essentially what I was looking for.

On 2/27/2021 at 1:26 PM, SNestor said:

Hard to tell what the problem is...but, you may want to try and define your foundation wall as I have shown in the attached. You may want to look into "furred wall" also. Sometimes if you designate a wall or a portion of a wall as "furred" [you can find this setting in the wall dbx under the structure tab]. 2021-02-27_15-22-37.thumb.png.1127aa00cae7c48fbe79a0219fda7bbe.png

Thank you for your help SNestor!  Side note I grew up in Carmel, IN and lived in Westfield for many years.  GO HOOSIERS!

• Like 1

@msshemwell - nice to have another Hoosier using Chief! 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ernest
    Newest Member
    ernest

• By alexpwalsh
      Up until recently, my reference display worked great exactly as shown in the help docs and videos. I have no idea what changed, but now it no longer appears in red, but rather in black and anywhere a line on the reference display coincides with a line on the displayed floor, the lines "obliterate" one another and there is no line shown at all. It makes for some very strange views that are uninterpretable, especially when windows are on top of each other. I attached pics to show what I mean. 

In my layer display options, the reference display set looks normal. Everything is in red. 

How can one "reset" the reference display to work as it does in a fresh plan?

• By Scogginator
      Has anyone had their elevations become corrupted lately? The only fix for me is to open up the elevation and send to layout on some junk page I'm not going to print. This restores the elevation on the elevations page I intend to print. I'm an advanced user and have tried all the visual styles, plot lines, etc.. I feel like this is a hardware issue, driver issue, or software bug.

• By Noremac
      Hello there!

I'm new to chief as of a few weeks ago. I'm really loving how in-depth you can get with it. Hopefully this isn't to much of a newbie question that is easily answered somewhere else but I have seen anything on it. I'm trying to attach a shed roof to a gable. I have a feeling this is something similar to a porch roof, but after messing with it for a few hours I cant figure it out. 

This is what I'm go

Here is where I'm at. 

I've attached my plan if that helps!
      I'm using x12 

Thanks!
      -Cam
      Piper_3rd Round 2_4_2021.plan
    • By banditz
      currently as shown the picture i have old plan which is using metric units, then i start drawing a exterior wall, and its show me wall types (SIDING 6), but when i get a new plan & repeat drawing a exterior wall, then i dont have wall types (siding-6) ? what was wrong > i have reset everythings...

• By Creative_Design
      Design / Build firm in Northern NJ looking to hire talented and proficient Chief Architect X12 user for 3D model renderings and detailed floor plans. Will be a remote position. Applicant must have Chief Architect X12 key and own computer. Please send contact information, resume, and portfolio / examples of work to Info@CreativeDesignConstruction.com. Information regarding position and compensation to be discussed with Owner.