Ange822

3D Viewer - Materials not showing

I am using Chief Architect Premier x9

I have exported my chief file to a 3D viewer file so a client can look at it.

When I went to open the file though, most materials are not there for example the siding is just shown as one solid colour vs a horizontal pattern.

thanks in advance.

Angela 

54 minutes ago, Ange822 said:

I am using Chief Architect Premier x9

I have exported my chief file to a 3D viewer file so a client can look at it.

When I went to open the file though, most materials are not there for example the siding is just shown as one solid colour vs a horizontal pattern.

thanks in advance.

Angela 

Does it show correctly in standard and vector views in your chief plan file?  Which rendering mode are they using in the 3d viewer?  Any pics may help.

In the side bar on the left, go to the Rendering Techniques option and try switching between the Basic and Standard options.

1389138457_3DViewerRenderingTechniques.thumb.png.66ae7dd76d37a60adf4d12d4fc5bf0ec.png

Also if the app detects that the model is significantly large or that the device you are trying to view it on is low on memory, it may automatically switch back to the Basic Rendering Technique.

Here is a video on Preparing a Plan for the 3D Viewer: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/10146

1 hour ago, PhillipCA said:

In the side bar on the left, go to the Rendering Techniques option and try switching between the Basic and Standard options.

1389138457_3DViewerRenderingTechniques.thumb.png.66ae7dd76d37a60adf4d12d4fc5bf0ec.png

Also if the app detects that the model is significantly large or that the device you are trying to view it on is low on memory, it may automatically switch back to the Basic Rendering Technique.

Here is a video on Preparing a Plan for the 3D Viewer: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/10146

Thank you!! I just had to change the Rendering Technique! thank you both for your help.