Blocks In Elevations Can't Be Selected?

Nicinus

This is a possible suggestion (but also quite likely a misunderstanding on my part) but I can't seem to select an architectural block in elevation/cross section?

I have a block of cabinets in a bathroom interior elevation that is unselectable. If I open the block in plan everything works as expected again in the elevation and I can manipulate the individual elements. I can multiselect cabinets and block them, but as soon as I block it I can't select it anymore. This to me appears inconsistent and in my mind it does not seem logical that I can't select blocks and move them and unblock them in elevations.

Side question, how I can I export an elevation as a pure black and white line drawing without materials in grayscale?

I'll take a stab at this

in the elevation view, vector view, turn off "pattern 3D views", send to cad drawing, export

HTH, Ray C

Thanks Ray, but that only removed the actual pattern in the material, not the gray scale shading.

EDIT: I stand corrected, it came out the way I wanted in Layout, but still looks like a grayscale view in plan? Can anyone explain this to me? What if I wanted it to be a grayscale? Only possible as an image?

EDIT: I stand corrected, it came out the way I wanted in Layout, but still looks like a grayscale view in plan? Can anyone explain this to me? What if I wanted it to be a grayscale? Only possible as an image?

Maybe check your Display>Color Off settings in PREFERENCES>APPEARANCE. Is it set to Black and White, or Grayscale?