BnCKelley

Cabinets, fixtures, etc. Importing

Good morning, How can I make my cabinets, fixtures, etc... export as lines only without fill? And the walls for that matter. They're blocked and have a solid background that makes them plot like a shadow. Thanks

It help us when new users learn and use Chief lingo. 

My guess is you are not exporting, but instead, sending to layout

I also understand some users say plot when they are really printing, but when someone says plot, I might assume they are in fact plotting and not printing.

And it's always helpful to show an image of what you are wanting so you get the best suggestions.

How does this look?

ct1.thumb.png.49764716e7b5ee0e13695ef32c21db50.png

• Like 1

Good morning solver, this is Brad, the guy with the cantilevered truss thread from a couple of weeks ago. I am exporting, I am plotting, as stated. I need to know how, if possible, to change the blocks from the library for items mentioned, to line only items, losing the solid fill. Thanks

PS I'm exporting to AutoCAD

8 minutes ago, BnCKelley said:

In the Export Drawing dialog, uncheck Export Filled Areas.

21 minutes ago, BnCKelley said:

Good morning solver, this is Brad, the guy with the cantilevered truss thread from a couple of weeks ago. I am exporting, I am plotting, as stated. I need to know how, if possible, to change the blocks from the library for items mentioned, to line only items, losing the solid fill. Thanks

Always good to put ALL the info in the 1st Post as your Post Title and Post Info conflict ( Import vs Export ) and a Pic does help like Eric mentioned along with the plan file in some cases , since what is obvious to you isn't always to those trying to help.

M.

Yeah I got mixed up between importing into cad vs the exporting out of Chief. I'm going to try the uncheck mentioned earlier and see if that helps. Thanks