Rebar count for different walls

robdyck

Does anyone know how or where one could set different rebar options for different types of walls, or is the components tab the only place to do this? Example: I have retaining walls that require far more rebar than my default foundation walls. And unfortunately, one cannot copy a component AFAIK.

Side question: is there a simple automatic way to get no. 4 rebar to report as 10M in a material list? And no. 5 as 15M etc.

25 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

I am no Chief 'materials' expert what-so-ever

Thanks for trying Mark. I figured out how to add a formula to the automatic rebar counts that calculates the increased amount needed ...and some other components like

rebar 'L's from footing to wall really quickly. 

Next Question: how do I copy components from one wall to another?

15 hours ago, robdyck said:

Thanks for trying Mark. I figured out how to add a formula to the automatic rebar counts that calculates the increased amount needed ...and some other components like

rebar 'L's from footing to wall really quickly. 

Next Question: how do I copy components from one wall to another?

Rob can you share what you did? Very interesting 

Wall DBX, components, footing, create a component using the plus symbol, go through each available row as you see fit, apply a formula to the source object that will populate your desired result based on the wall length. AFAIK, you cannot copy component setting from one wall to another.

• 9 months later...

Sorry, somewhat new here. Tried following the above, but not figuring it out. I have a pool wall that has rebar at 8" O.C. spacing. I'm using foundation walls to build the pool shell (unless somebody has a better idea, I'm open to any and all ideas), is there a way to change the material list calculation to be based on 8" O.C. spacing?