Add the Schedule Number to the Room Label

rlackore

For a few versions I've been using Rich Text boxes and macros to create custom room labels. However, I'm trying to leverage the power of schedules, and have figured out how to add the %schedule_number% macro to the default Room Label; however, any text (or macro) entered into the default Room Label appears after the room name, and I can't determine if there is a method to display the schedule number before the room name, e.g. 005 bdrm instead of bdrm 005. Has anyone else solved this problem?

919720595_roomlabel.thumb.PNG.0678715d56fccb4cc3c5bddca7bcdf6e.PNG

This is one reason of many that I don’t use the default room label a lot of times and rather to use standard or rich text boxes instead.  

P.S.  Just to be clear, you can totally leverage schedules and still use manually copied and pasted text boxes. 

14 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

P.S.  Just to be clear, you can totally leverage schedules and still use manually copied and pasted text boxes. 

To a certain extent, but the %schedule_number% macro doesn't work in Rich Text boxes, at least not for Rooms. I will make a Suggestion.

1 hour ago, rlackore said:

To a certain extent, but the %schedule_number% macro doesn't work in Rich Text boxes, at least not for Rooms. I will make a Suggestion.

That is because %schedule_number% is not a macro, and you are right it will never work.

On the other hand if you do create a ruby macro:

result=""

result += owner.room.schedule_number + " - " + owner.room.name

result

It will work as a fake RichText room label

MacroLabel.thumb.PNG.66198ef49034f11fe881c61ce74a6397.PNG

Yeah, I probably should have used the term not the "Ruby Macros" [or read the help file to find out how CA calls these]

IMHO (%schedule_number%) - probably simple old string substitutions thingies... eval("%%room.schedule_number%%") returns an error...

No matter what Ruby macros work in a richtext box....