Kaemingk

changing referenced files on a layout

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I made a few mistakes and am looking for help on a quick solution.  I have a plan file and layout file that I've been done with for a good while now and are fully developed.  Yesterday I made a good 3 to 4 hours of revisions to the referenced plan files but proceeded to save that plan file with a new name.  (at the time I was thinking I should have a backup of the original) Unfortunately because of this the layout file still references the old plan files.  My question is:  Is there a quick and easy way to have the layout file reference my new edited plan file without having to reinsert each layout and elevation page manually?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Layout window Tools>Layout>Referenced Plan Files. Change the ref'ed plans here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Kaemingk said:

Is there a quick and easy way to have the layout file reference my new edited plan file without having to reinsert each layout and elevation page manually?  

I typically select the plan view referenced in the layout, click on the link icon, and relink the view to the new plan.

Relink File.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, steve_stuart said:

I typically select the plan view referenced in the layout, click on the link icon, and relink the view to the new plan.

Relink File.jpg

 

That works but you can change them all at once using the steps above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

That works but you can change them all at once using the steps above.

This is very good information, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Humblechief and Steve.  The method Humblechief recommended worked perfectly.  Thank you!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaemingk said:

Thank you Humblechief and Steve.  The method Humblechief recommended worked perfectly.  Thank you!  

Nice Brandt, glad it worked for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28426
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    JosephIM
    Newest Member
    JosephIM
    Joined