Thad58

Default Drywall Color

I want to change my default color to a Benjamin Moore color 2111-70. I down loaded it to my library but can not change the default color to it. 

It will not let you open the library

I opened my interior wall. Selected the interior wall layer. Clicked on material. Opened the library.

image.thumb.png.816ee9c758563c4adfc5e4db35407c86.png

ct1.thumb.png.25336a2a85a59699f397dd74641e7dd2.png

I did that but it changes the material name to the color not the pattern. Or do i just rename the mater Drywall and the color number

You can copy the default Drywall material and change its color. Then use that in the wall definition. 

ct1.thumb.png.5d3a363210c742e4c92635939a2442a5.png

But you cant grab a library color for the drywall. OK so Chief just responded and said that was a difficult task. I will let you know. I set up a meeting

I did a few extra things that are not necessary. Try to understand the process and not just copy the steps.

Watch on YouTube: http://youtu.be/82AJiqzI1aY?hd=1

Got it. That is a lot of work of steps. Thanks I am going to change my template. 

15 hours ago, Thad58 said:

But you cant grab a library color for the drywall. OK so Chief just responded and said that was a difficult task. I will let you know. I set up a meeting

For colors Chief doesn't let you apply easily like this you can just use the BM RGB numbers ( or Hex on Mac too) from their Website

( or any manufacturer eg SW instead) and put them into the Color Box manually

or even color pick them from a wall you already changed manually to the desired color within Chief.

Then save it to your Library for later use....

This is a website that has this info too .....they are selling paint but the info needed is there too....https://encycolorpedia.com/e7e5e0

image.thumb.png.d0617306937aa6312c5c3d2e8b544c8f.png