Arched Exterior Entry

ChadwickG

What is the best way to create an archway in the gable on the front porch of this plan?  The homeowners are contemplating adding the archway centered on the steps with a barrel ceiling leading to the front entry door.  Also, customers would like to see curved brick steps with wing walls similar to the attached photo, how are you guys doing these as well?

Thanks

Justin Powell, 6-8-20.plan

Brick Steps.jpg

7 hours ago, ChadwickG said:

What is the best way to create an archway in the gable on the front porch of this plan?  The homeowners are contemplating adding the archway centered on the steps with a barrel ceiling leading to the front entry door.  Also, customers would like to see curved brick steps with wing walls similar to the attached photo, how are you guys doing these as well?

Thanks

Justin Powell, 6-8-20.plan

Brick Steps.jpg

The key is to create a "room" on the porch where you want to create the curved ceiling.  
Then...in this room, open the room DBX and select no ceiling.  
Then...use the ceiling plane tool and draw in a ceiling from side to side...with a zero pitch.  
Then, select "curved ceiling"...and put an "angle at eave" of about 30 degrees.  You can play with the degrees to get the arc you want.  

To get all this to work I had to rebuild your railing wall...so, something might be wrong with this wall on your plan.  I just used the siding-4 wall type and placed the square columns right out of the core catalog....seems to work.  I've attached my "fix" plan for you to review...Justin Powell, 6-8-20 - My Chief Skills Fix01.plan

2020-06-23_17-34-04.thumb.png.932caa8a3c996748156d467f24bbfb9d.png

• Upvote 1