Wall Type Definitions

netilus

I'm building a 8"x16" regular masonry block wall. Is it possible to have this depicted on the floor plan? In the wall Type Definitions box under fill, there is no choice for the 8x16 CMU.

Thanks!

Chief x9 

5 minutes ago, netilus said:

Is it possible to have this depicted on the floor plan?

It is possible, but not through the wall definition. You'd need to use distribution path to distribute a CAD block of the CMU. However, this will probably not work well at the corners.

36 minutes ago, netilus said:

Could the block depiction be added through the Fill "Custom" selection via the patterns file? If added.

Do you have a pattern for running CMU's? If not, can you make such a pattern? If you're planning to show the blocks in plan view (which you shouldn't FWIW) will you have them all correct? If not, what's the point? This has come up before, not sure if there's any simple solution yet.

Toooooo much work for the return, in my opinion - just my 2-cents. Not sure your reasoning for wanting an accurate floorplan showing the blocks (if that is what you are after) but no mason, again my opinion, is going to necessarily follow a plan showing the individual blocks - too many variables for that to work. Just use good notes and wall styles.

7 minutes ago, netilus said:

Could the block depiction be added through the Fill "Custom" selection via the patterns file?

No.   You 'might' be able to create something that will look okay for for one perfectly located wall, but fill patterns will not magically line up with your walls...it's a repeating background pattern that shows through where you have allowed it to.