3D Viewer

Designer1

I watched a webinar today on chiefs website about the 360 panoramas and 3d viewer.  Since Ive never tried either of them I tested it out.  Panorama worked fine but does anyone know about the 3d viewer and how big of a file capacity you can upload?  I tried uploading a larger plan and it just kept saying loading like it couldnt upload it to view.  The message after uploading was that it was successful but to view it in the viewer it just kept saying loading. 

I then tried a plan about half the size and got the same results.  So Im just trying to figure out what the tricks are to get this thing to work.

Thanks in advance!

Did you see this help info?

Notice that this dialog also shows the model's Surface Count and the Texture Size. It's recommended to keep the number of exported surfaces below 500,000 and exported texture memory below 50MB. For information on how to control these numbers, please review article KB-03044: Optimizing a Chief Architect Plan for Export to the 3D Viewer.

The full article is here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03068/viewing-managing-and-sharing-3d-viewer-models.html

If all else fails, then contact tech support.

10 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I watched a webinar today on chiefs website about the 360 panoramas and 3d viewer.  Since Ive never tried either of them I tested it out.  Panorama worked fine but does anyone know about the 3d viewer and how big of a file capacity you can upload?  I tried uploading a larger plan and it just kept saying loading like it couldnt upload it to view.  The message after uploading was that it was successful but to view it in the viewer it just kept saying loading. 

I then tried a plan about half the size and got the same results.  So Im just trying to figure out what the tricks are to get this thing to work.

Thanks in advance!

I use both a fair bit. The 3d viewer isn't really that great, especially because you need to keep the model small. If you've got a large complex model with lots of furniture, framing, textures, lightin etc, and it looks really good using PBR, then it probably won't look great using the 3d viewer. I'd suggest sticking to the 360's as they have a better appearance IMO

and use videos for exterior views.

The 3d viewer of course is fine for smaller projects, again, just my opinion. Here's an example of a medium sized home...I find it hard to look at...makes my eyes bleed!

https://3d-viewer.chiefarchitect.com/go?share=012320250563014

For comparison, a 360...suggestion to clients is to move slowly.

https://accounts.chiefarchitect.com/360/view?share=649020226112212

Thanks Robert and Dermot.  I figured since it was my first one it was going to be a little bit of a learning curve.  I will try it again.  I think toning down the line count and understanding that better will probably help.  Thank you both for the links. :)