Creating a new Plan Template

Norm4Man

I am getting more involved in design work and am moving out of ameture status and working to increase my productivity workflow and material calcs,

Does any on have a reccomended work flow to follow for creating a personalised plan template? I have a layout template done and am happy with that but would like to generate and save a plan template that best suits New Zealand protocol and include my frequent used cad details. If I create a new virtual plan with all the required defaults etc and save that as a new template would that be adviasable?
In the event that I do save that as my default template will that have any effect on my current plans in use?

Thanks Norm

8 hours ago, Norm4Man said:

...... would like to generate and save a plan template that best suits New Zealand protocol and include my frequent used cad details. If I create a new virtual plan with all the required defaults etc and save that as a new template would that be adviasable? That is what most users do....  however,  do you think you will create the perfect template?  That is why one person. (me) advocates using your most recent plan as the template.....  but there are many folks including CA who do not advise the method.  I have been using the method for 15 years and I am still. perfecting my template/latest and greatest plan format.

In the event that I do save that as my default template will that have any effect on my current plans in use?  No

• Like 1

• 9 months later...