adgtx08

can I print greys instead of just black?

Does anyone know of a way to print in grey, like a screened hatch like in AutoCAD? I get we can change lineweights, but unless I'm printing color, which I don't want to do, I can only do black. There's gotta be a way to make the monochrome print greys too, right? Am I just missing something?

Have you tried this, then use grayscale in your printer setup, you can also turn color off to see what you get.

COLOR OFF.png

• Upvote 1

Perry, I didn't know that function was there. Is that a new feature? I don't remember seeing that in previous versions. Or maybe I just didn't delve deep enough into the preferences. Let me try that and I'll let you know if it helps me.

17 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Have you tried this, then use grayscale in your printer setup, you can also turn color off to see what you get.

COLOR OFF.png

Yep! That fixed it! :D Thanks, Perry!

That feature has been there forever, well at least as long as I have been around. you also need to print in color and set your print driver to greyscale.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:56 PM, DRAWZILLA said:

That feature has been there forever, well at least as long as I have been around. you also need to print in color

This isn't necessary.  I almost always leave Print In Color unchecked and all my drawings are in Grayscale.

unless you want an easy way to print in color, that's what I do. I never print in grayscale. This gives clients their option ,color or greyscale.