Default "Suppress wall width" should be able to change

agenoarch

I posted about this a number of years ago and there is still no way to uncheck "suppress wall widths" in the dimension DBX setup. If I'm using interior dimensions on my construction drawings why would I want the wall widths to be  off to begin with. This means I have to click on every interior dimension and uncheck it manually every time I create I set of plan. Something a simple as this should take priority over creating 10 more cabinet libraries, I have enough door styles. I have been a CA user since version 3 (1993) and it has come a long way especially for construction drawings.

My 2 cents

OP wants a setting in dimension defaults to control whether "Suppress Wall Width" is checked or unchecked when using the Interior Dimension tool. There appears to be no user-control setting for this and all interior and manual dimensions have "Suppress Wall Widths" automatically checked. If you want them displayed you have to go into each dimension string and uncheck it.

In previous versions, if the dimension default was set to locate "Primary Wall Side" and using the Manual Dimension and other tools, "Suppress Wall Width" was automatically unchecked in dimension strings. That seems to no longer be the case.

• Upvote 1