Alyssa5

Camera View Wall Materials Changing?

Hi, 

I have attached a couple of screenshots to best describe my problem

Whenever I move the camera view, I get this sort of distort colouring on my walls?

Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 2.17.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 2.18.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 2.18.22 PM.png

Do you have another building in your plan?  Appears you have a big shadow showing.

couple of things to try if you don’t.

1.) temporarily toggle your shadows off

2.) adjust the sun to follow camera

6 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Do you have another building in your plan?  Appears you have a big shadow showing.

couple of things to try if you don’t.

1.) temporarily toggle your shadows off

2.) adjust the sun to follow camera

No only the one building in plan

Have just tried those and it just made it darker?

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 2.36.42 PM.png

Wow.  That almost looks like Z fighting but definitely not quite what you would typically see.  Maybe check the thickness of the exterior layer of siding to make sure it is at least 1/4".   Also is the building anywhere near the 0,0 point of origin ?

If it is not that, it could possibly be a video card or video card driver issue.

Maybe let us know what version of the software you are using an post your plan file if you can't resolve the issue.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Alyssa5 said:

No only the one building in plan

Have just tried those and it just made it darker?

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 2.36.42 PM.png

Yes looks like something is up.  Best to do as chop mentioned and post a plan to confirm or rule out whether it’s a hardware issue.

4 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Wow.  That almost looks like Z fighting but definitely not quite what you would typically see.  Maybe check the thickness of the exterior layer of siding to make sure it is at least 1/4".   Also is the building anywhere near the 0,0 point of origin ?

If it is not that it could possibly be a video card or video card driver issue.

Maybe let us know what version of the software you are using an post your plan file if you can't resolve the issue.

Thanks so much for your suggestions, it was the origin it was waaayyy off 0,0 

worked out how to change it closer to 0,0 and now it looks better

Thanks so much :)

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 8.38.43 PM.png

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefHarrell
    Newest Member
    ChiefHarrell

• By GCCISarah
      Has anyone found how to re-name their Camera Callout Labels in X12? For example, my cameras are set up with a Callout Label of "C1, C2, C3..." etc etc. This is by way of some default setting that I cannot seem to find. Each new camera automatically labels and numbers itself in succession as noted above. However, I have decided I'd like name all of my future Full Cameras as "P1, P2, P3... " in a new plan. 
      Except for opening each individual camera to change the Callout Label, I cannot find a setting to change this default to start with a "P" and automatically number itself from there! It seems to be missing from the Full Camera Defaults page.. You CAN set a default for "Text Below Line" but not for the Callout Label itself for cameras?

• By Alyssa5
      Hi,
      I am using Chief Architect X8 on a Mac.
      I am having trouble with roof planes - I want to be able to change the baseline height but it keeps defaulting back and won't alter.
      Yet when I open the same file on another computer I can change it
      Any suggestions?

Thanks
    • By divreig
      I think I am missing something. I want the "Text Below Line" on my Elevation Camera Labels/callouts to show the sheet number. And make this the default. Does any one know how? 
    • By KTransue
      Am I the only one having problems getting Function Keys to work on a MacBook Pro (with the Touch Bar feature)?  They didn't work on my 2016 model, and still don't work on my new 2018 model.  Function Keys do perform their expected behaviors as assigned by the operating system, but not as "Hotkeys" assigned within Chief Architect.  I am concluding that CA has not tested or remedied Function Key behaviors on Mac notebooks newer than 2015, and that they must not be supported on these newer Macs.  Am I wrong about this?  Please tell me I'm wrong about this...
    • By Aamir77
      Hi folks,
      I was using chief architect x9 for the last several months. Meanwhile, I had to change the hard drive of my Pc.
      On the new drive after installation, I am stuck with a strange problem. I do not see anything in standard camera view except the backdrop even a 4 walled room looks invisible. Whereas everything looks fine in the orthographic overview and orthographic floor overview.
      If I select the room randomly clicking on the backdrop in standard camera view, room selection lines do appear. I tried to change the default settings of the camera but no result, I tried to tweak the preferences and here, if I uncheck the USE ENHANCED LIGHTING option in RENDER subfolder, a dark room shows up in standard camera view  like the one I attached with this thread as a JEPG image. Please guide me step by step where is the problem keeping in mind that I am a novice.
      Thanks in advance.