Sign in to follow this  
Chrisdutch89

Windows on elevations

13 minutes ago, Chrisdutch89 said:

It seems as if the windows I drew in plan aren't showing up on the elevations.  How did that happen?

A-1 - 3.16.20 screwed up.pdf

It seems as if you have whatever windows you may have drawn in plan are possibly on another layer and the elevation view layerset doesn't have that layer enabled. Please post a .plan file

Yeppers, turn your window layer on in the elevation camera.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Reef_Builders
    Newest Member
    Reef_Builders

• By Quickchevys
      So I learned this software(somewhat) and designed a house for my family about 6 years ago and the plan is now in motion to build the house. I have since forgot how to do all of the editing of the house and need a few tweaks done as well as the roof properly done since I never was able to understand how to get that part right. I also know that some walls, floors, and stairs were kind of just manipulated to be close enough to look ok in the camera view. So I would like someone that has more experience with the program to kind of go through my drawings and correct the things that need to be corrected and also get files for blueprints ready. I never could figure out that part either. 
    • By PranaKaren
      I have created a 5600SF heated, 8000SF under roof, custom house design and I am looking for a Professional Drafter who can use it to get me to the next step with proper drawings for an Engineer to review and to seek permitting, etc. I have already copyrighted my unique floor plan and am hoping to find someone who does not have an issue with me maintaining intellectual rights to my design. I am in central Florida (Ocala, FL/ Marion County). Thanks in advance for any advice!
    • By Ramblin-Wreck
      Hi,
      I am looking hire someone to convert house drawings into a Chief Architect project.
      If interested please e-mail me at computrol@att.net.
      Thank you!
    • By happyanca
      Hello! I am looking for someone to translate my house drawings from paper to Chief Architect. I can give you the original drawings (plans, elevations and sections) and you can also come on site to supplement the drawings if needed (we live in Massachusetts) in order to create an accurate 3D representation of our house. We are planning on making some design changes and I would like to test out my ideas via Chief Architect but this is too tough for me to draw the whole thing on my own. I am just not that good unfortunately. I only need the shell done, I can add cabinetry and fixtures myself. I have attached a couple of photos just to give you a better sense as to what I have  (I have more drawings of course).

if you are interested in doing this could you please give me a price and time estimate? I am not in a huge rush or anything but I am really excited to start designing.

BTW, I am a graphic designer so if you'd like to swap services I'm open to that too. Just in case anyone is interested... 

Thanks very much!
      Anca
      anca@radioactivedesign.com

• By Paul7707
      I own this 1.5 story house built in the 50's and want to remodel the interior. I already have a local structural engineer on-board and all I need to do is provide him drawings on what remodeling I want to do. I think I'm close but bought Suite 2016 to help visualize in 3D.

I invite anyone to take a crack at a new layout for this house. What is important to us is..
      Nice master suite with master bath and large shower Big kitchen Due to the sloped ceilings on the second floor, I do not see a whole lot of alternatives for stair location and hence layout but ya never know what someone else might come up with.

Other than that, I would like quotes on cleaning up what i have and providing me prints to be used by the engineer. There is only so far i can go with the Suite version.

Things of note...
      The exterior walls are all double course brick with plaster on the interior side. The half wall height at the eave ends of the second floor are 50". The roof pitch is 6/12 throughout. Half of the crawlspace was dug out to make a basement, I will be digging out the other half to make a full basement. Currently access to the basement is through the original attached garage, new steps will be needed from the living area so that the current steps can be filled in to be brought level with the rest of the floor in the garage (future kitchen). The original dormer on the south side will be raised to allow standing height and possibly a door instead of a window. This will be one of the last things done. The new master bath will need a dormer to make it work. A 4/12 pitch on the dormer roof would be ok if necessary. The new kitchen (old garage) has vaulted ceilings. All floor joists are 7.25 x 1.5" on 16" centers. Rafters are 7.25 x 1.5" on 24" centers, collar ties are 93" above the floor  
      Forgive the .plan files... I bought this software 3 days ago and am still learning my way around.

Attached
      7707.plan This is what the house is now (yes the stairs are that steep). 7707B.plan This is as far as i could get with what I want. Sloped ceilings and dormers are being difficult for me. New2nd.png and new2nd2.png are from another program but shows the 2nd floor layout better.  
      Thanks,

Paul7707.plan7707B.plan