Sign in to follow this  
Joe_Carrick

Sinks in Cabinets - access to data ?

When a Sink is added to a Cabinet, Chief just creates a 2D CAD Block.  I can select the cabinet, tab to the sink and open the dbx.  The sink can also be shown in a fixture schedule.

However, if I try to get the name/value pairs (attributes) for the Sink I only get the attributes of the CAD Block.  There doesn't appear to be any reference to the sink in the Cabinet attributes either - except for "has_appliance_or_sink" true/false.

Does anyone know how to get to the Sink's attributes?  I would like to include some of the Sink information in the Cabinet Schedule or in a "Note".

Place the sink as a free standing fixture first and then just drag it over the cabinet.

37 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Place the sink as a free standing fixture first and then just drag it over the cabinet.

OK, but that bypasses the automatic placement of the sink.  Shouldn't there be a better coordination of the data when sinks are placed in cabinets?  I guess I'll need to put in a feature request.:(

When you place the sink directly into the cabinet, we only store a minimal subset of the sink data.  For most people, this is the most efficient way of doing things and avoids extra plan bloat.  For an advanced user who is trying to get more control, placing the sink as a free standing sink will allow them to do the customization that they want.

Thanks Dermot,

Since there usually are not that many sinks in a plan, I don't think there would be much "bloat".

We don't just do it for sinks though.  We also do it for all of the appliances as well as the cabinet doors, drawers, panels, hardware, feet, pilasters, etc.