How do I create the ceiling framing here?

GeneDavis

This job got permitted last fall and only got its footings done before winter closed it down.  The builder needs to change the entry porch ceiling from flat to have a center section not trayed but cathedral with under-ridge.

See the Sketchup views attached.  Ceiling framing in red, roof framing in beige, and the ridge member is a one-ply girder truss from which to hang the stick rafters.  Front end's a "jerkinhead" half-hip.

I modeled the Chief build by specifying no ceiling above the porch room, then placing ceiling planes as needed.  See the view of the porch in Chief in the screencap attached.  I include the plan view of the framing with the ceiling planes selected, center two pitched up at 7:12, the flankers are level.

I seem unable to create the 2x4 ceiling rafters, for the cathedral main center section.  Am I gonna have to do this all in solids and put them on the framing layer?

2020-03-08_1235.png

2020-03-08_1234.png

2020-03-07_1600.png

2020-03-08_1245.png

Select the Ceiling Plane and then on the Active Tool Bar use the "Build Framing For Selected Object(s)"  Tool.

Check your framing presets for the ceiling planes as well.

If that does not work you may need to post the plan and have one of the experts take a look or you may have some sort of interaction going on that chief would need to fix.