Sign in to follow this  
NRST8TRKR

White wash

Guys,

I have a Bank remodel and the problem I am having is the Exterior Brick is Red Red and they want an old fashion White wash.Any white wash or pickle finish I apply paints the brick completely. They want to still see red coming through. Reason we have to show it is the city fathers want color shots of the exterior for permit approval.

I am doing this job in x-12 beta.

Thanks in advance for any help,Ken

You will need to make a copy of the original brink texture and then open that copy and alter it in  Photoshop or Paint Shop pro etc to then appear exactly as you wish in Chief. When done, import into chief as a "Custom Material" and then apply it in your plan file.

DJP

• Upvote 1

David,

Thank you for the reply. I have an old copy of Paint Shop. I'll have a go at it and if  i have to I will upgrade.

Have a great week,Ken

It should work, I still use my copy of "Paint Shop Pro" that was created before that then company sold itself to Corel!

DJP

This is a very cool thing you can use to generate pretty much any combo you want.

I have used it several times when I have to demonstrate alt bonds..etc.   I normally dont have to get that detailed, but you certainly can with this.

https://brick.com/masonry-designer