TopagnaOverlook

Stairwell Issues

When I use AutoStairwell, or position railings manually on the floor above, the room with the railings changes to a concrete floor.

With either AutoStairwell, or manually placing railings with open below, there is concrete overhang in the opening.

Plan is attached.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Stairwell2.jpg

House2.plan

You just seem to have a faulty room definition.  Check out the Structural panel for that room and look at the settings in there. Specifically,  check the ceiling height and decide whether that room should really be set to have a monolithic slab or not. 

Thanks Michael,

I got the structure of that room back to normal.  But when I put the railings/open to below room in, the surrounding room structure changed from "Ceiling below" to "SWT below".

I'll see if I can re-create that behavior with a simple two-floor plan.

5 minutes ago, TopagnaOverlook said:

Thanks Michael,

I got the structure of that room back to normal.  But when I put the railings/open to below room in, the surrounding room structure changed from "Ceiling below" to "SWT below".

I'll see if I can re-create that behavior with a simple two-floor plan.

Try saving before you putting in the room also you could try the stair open above tool when you select the stair set on the lower floor it should show up and create an auto stairwell.  You can adjust the walls after that point.  May help?

Thanks Ryan,

I previously tried the open above tool and it shows the same behavior.  Seems to show the same results as making the stairwell manually.

For the problem room -- open it and set everything back to default on the Structure Panel.

And ...

ct1.thumb.png.42dfd5f258c2dff3f78fe4035a112722.png

Stairs work fine when placed elsewhere. Drawn where you show them the railing builds incorrectly. It looks like a normal interior wall but there is a railing inside.

ct2.thumb.png.c1a3d9acf5ca320f532a5d2316a542ad.png

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, solver said:

And ...

ct1.thumb.png.42dfd5f258c2dff3f78fe4035a112722.png

Good catch Eric.

Fix the railing default.

Use Edit Area to copy the 2nd floor.

Build>Floor>Delete Current Floor to delete the 2nd floor.

Build a new blank 2nd floor.

Paste/Hold Position to replace the 2nd floor.

House2 (eric).zip

• Upvote 1

Thanks Eric,

I know I didn't change those default settings intentionally.  I can only assume that during some experimentation with railings I hit the "set as default button" by mistake.  I'll be carefully checking defaults the next time I encounter unexpected behavior.  Makes me want to move that "set as default" button somewhere I'm less likely to hit it.

Is "Edit Area, copy, delete, paste/hold"  to restore the default structure on the entire floor?  I'm surprised that the paste/hold doesn't bring the structure of the copied floor on the clipboard with it.

Two great tips!