Creating sign be SUBTRACTING text from a polyline solid

pgjacob

I am trying to create an address sign using a square polyline solid and REMOVING text from the square like in the attached image.  I know I can subtract other simple polyline solids, but how do I subtract a letter or number?  Chief Architect tech support had no solution.

Thanks in advance

Melissa

image.thumb.png.e59bca794b49d7da315f057b94140091.png

Do you have any other CAD software you work with?  Many (Sketchup, AutoCAD, Draftsight, etc.) have a tool to convert text to polylines or 3D objects.  I simply use one of my other pieces of software to convert text to polylines or other 3D, import into Chief, and then use the resulting to polylines.  Really quite easy.  Here's a quick video I made a little while back.  I since switched to using Draftsight instead, but the basics are the same.  Import DWG and use polylines...

• Upvote 1

Thanks to everyone's help!  Just about endless what you can do.  I am playing with Dingbat fonts in DaFont (some are not uploading in Sketchup) but enough are that amy kind of polyline solid can be created and then subtracted.

image.thumb.png.f6abe729108207673411ffedf59eb133.pngimage.thumb.png.4d81035c2731b5128f2c0054ee66afbf.png

• Upvote 1